November 9, 2015

Spotlight on a FABULOUS Mommy- Celebrity Colorist Tracey Cunningham


For this week's Spotlight on a FABULOUS Mommy, I was lucky to get an interview with the most sought after of celebrity colourists- Tracey Cunningham. She is responsible for the luscious locks of the most famous celebrities that we love to watch on TV and and read about in gossip magazines. Some of them include Emma Roberts, Kate Beckinsale, Gywneth Paltrow, and Sienna Miller. To name a few! 

Tracey is a co-owner of Beverly Hills salon Meche, and together with her partner sees about 200 to 300 clients a week! That doesn't include her house calls which are anything from travelling once a month all the way to Barcelona to give Shakira her covetable highlights or travelling to premiers and award shows around the world to tend to celebrity locks in the bathrooms of their expensive suites. 



A few of Tracey's Clients at recent events this year

Tracey has become one of the world's most sought after celebrity colourists and yet is one of the most bubbly, fun, friendly, and sweet hair dressers I have ever visited. I  absolutely love booking appointments with her at Belle Femme when she visits twice or three times a year. I always leave with Fabulous hair and a huge smile on my face. She has a son who is 23 years old and while he doesn't quite need her as much as a toddler does, she is still a doting mom. How does she do it all???

Tell me about your family?
My immediate family is small, it's my son Max who is 23 and my partner Chris. We have been together for 23 years. I'm lucky - they are great men and I like being a Mom more than anything in the world! My Mom has 12 brothers and sisters, so I have a lot of extended family!! 

How did you manage being a mom with such a demanding career?
I had my son RIGHT BEFORE my career exploded. I've always been a busy professional - but I was lucky to have friends and co workers who understood I was a young woman with a baby and with that I was fortunate. I Always put my son Max first. Of course my partner Chris has been my greatest support!

A few of the celebrities who's hair Tracey has transformed

What is your typical day like?
I'll have your head spinning if I go into detail! ;) I get up at around 6am and I'm on the go till normally 8pm in the salon. Then on some days, I'll do (celebrity) house calls after that. I love it though so when you love your work you really don't care. 

You are always travelling for your clients but do you ever take any vacations for yourself?
I love Mexico!! It is very close to LA, but it feels worlds away. This summer I was in Positano- I loved that. And I love Washington state to visit my family! 

Every time I see you, you are always energetic, in a great mood and are super friendly with your clients. Tips for remaining energetic through long and tiring days?
Well over the years, these clients have become my friends. And I'm a natural people person! I love human contact. I eat very well, love my fresh juices and I like to have fun, so whenever I see another client it's catch up, laughs and it's always something new. 

What do you do for fun?
I LOVE TV and the movies - it's a great escape!! 

Any advice for women who want to be moms as well as have a fabulous career?
If I can do it - YOU can do it!!!!! Just go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)