September 30, 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Mini-me's!

I was browsing through the Children's section of Harvey Nichols at the Mall of the Emirates and was shocked when I saw the Dolce & Gabbana section. Either Dolce and/or Gabbana have lost inspiration and ideas because they have to make so many collections a year, OR they expect children and adults to dress exactly the same! This season, the designers have created a kids collection that includes evening wear exactly like their Woman's collection!  It is definitely cute but perhaps a wee bit over the top?! 

Check out these very similar clothes for women and children. I don't mean to offend anyone by calling the more grown up dresses 'the mommy version' but the whole time I was looking at the little outfits, all I could imagine were a mom and child wearing EXTREMELY similar outfits!!
The mommy versions are on the left and the kiddy versions are on the right
Floral Print dress: Mommy Version - Kiddy Version


Camel coat: Mommy Version - Kiddy Version

Jewelled Baroque Dress: Mommy Version - Kiddy Version


Leopard print bag: Mommy VersionKiddy Version



Salmon Crepe Skirt: Mommy Version - Kiddy Version
(I actually saw the kiddy version in a mommy size at the boutique in Cannes)


Angel Print Dress: Mommy Version - Kiddy version
Baroque jewelled salmon dress: Mommy Version - Kiddy Version
(At least in this case, the mommy version is a little more fitted and sexier than the kiddy version!)


Floral Pants: Mommy Version - Kiddy Version


Chiffon Jewel Dress: Mommy Version Kiddy Version
(A complete collection the children's clothes can be found at Harvey Nichols)
Don't get me wrong- I find these clothes in both versions to be really beautiful. Is it right though for our kids to be dressing like mini-me's from such a young age or should there be a more distinct line between what a 2 year old versus what a mature woman should wear?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)